KAUST Social Responsibility invites the KAUST community to share the joys of the season with our neighbors during Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr. The sixth annual Sharing is Caring campaign will provide food hampers, educational gifts and messages of celebration for our neighbors during this most important time of the year, in partnership with charitable associations in the Jeddah region.
Funding contributions will be most welcome. Display hampers will be placed around KAUST, with representatives from Al-Bir and Social Responsibility.
In addition, with the support of Health, Safety & Environment (HSE), we have been able to arrange an opportunity for volunteers to pack food hampers, in hourly slots, on Thursday, April 8 from 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. We are permitted 20 volunteers per slot – please click the links below to register for your preferred time.
When and how you can help
(Please note updated options)
- Volunteer Food Hamper Packing
Building 19 (opposite the Auditorium) – Thursday, April 8
20 volunteers per slot. Please click your preferred time to register:
- Al-Bir Association representatives will receive funding contributions at the following locations
- Gardens Secondary School - Sunday, April 4, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Gardens Elementary School - Sunday, April 4, 2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Harbor Sports Center - Monday, April 5, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Gardens Secondary School - Tuesday, April 6, 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Building 16 - Tuesday, April 6, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Discovery Square – Wednesday, April 7, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Gardens Secondary School – Thursday, April 8, 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
- Campus Diner – Thursday, April 8, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Write greeting messages to accompany the food hampers, at the Ramadan Lantern station in Discovery Square from Sunday, April 11
- Volunteer to help deliver food hampers from KAUST to Thuwal Albir – register your interest here
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organized by Strategic National Advancement: Social Responsibility Department, the Sharing is Caring campaign represents one of the many ways in which KAUST is giving back to the local community and improving lives.
Which of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals does this support?
KAUST Social Responsibility is dedicated to enriching lives sustainably by pushing boundaries to set new standards; to utilize our intellectual and social capital to deliver educational, cultural and professional programs across the Kingdom, nurturing strong community relationships and collaboration.
April 1, 2021